Saturday, August 31, 2024

Garnier Fructis Oil Repaid 3 Shampoo Review

I'm taking advantage of this much needed three day weekend to "reset" myself. I have entered into ultimate laziness this past week- the only plus being I was too lazy to cook/eat so I lost a couple pounds. But along with that I need to get back into regular reviews. I've had this shampoo for awhile- I really don't like it that much. I only bought it because I wanted a really stripping shampoo to get some silicones out my hair. Silicones make my hair so stiff and eventually dry- I was unknowingly using a shampoo that contained them. 

Garnier claims:

Dry, damaged hair is usually very brittle and needs special care. The ideal solution: the Garnier Fructis Oil Repair 3 Strengthening Shampoo. It combines 3 weightless oils of avocado, shea and olive with triglycerides to provide the hair with a repairing care.
A special combination of vegetable fruiting ingredients, vitamins B3 and B6 as well as lemon protein additionally strengthens the hair and gives it a healthier, more powerful appearance. The result: The hair is immediately nourished, is more supple and full of shine.
The Garnier Fructis Oil Repair 3 Strengthening Conditioner has been specially developed to satisfy the needs of dry hair. The gentle formula of the conditioner is ideal for daily use.


 
Garnier is committed to improving environmental and social impact throughout the product lifecycle, including production and product application. We would like to make these effects available to you comprehensively and transparently, so that you can make more sustainable purchasing decisions.
The evaluation of a product is compared to all products of the L'Oréal group of the same category.
The methodology was developed with the help of independent scientific experts and the data was verified by Bureau Veritas, a globally recognized auditor.

I bought this because it was super cheap.And I used to use a lot of Garnier back when I had a relaxer because it was cheap and smelled fruity and nice. I also tried a lot of their "curly" hair stuff when I newly natural. A lot of them work really well....but the silicones aren't great for my hair. 

I wanted this to strip the silicones from my hair- but still be nourishing and I thought it would be with the extra oils they add to it like the avocado, coconut, and olive oil. I mostly just find it to be extremely stripping. It lathers like crazy..you will have bubbles and lather everywhere. But it is extremely drying and feels as though it's tangling as I am washing. And then all that and my hair/scalp don't even seem to get that clean.

Once it dries my hair feels like a brillo pad. 

The ingredients aren't very bad- but I suspect it has a lot of the "lather" ingredient which is why my hair does not like it. Other than that it has good oils, shea butter, and some skin care ingredients which I am guessing are good for the scalp?

Ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER • SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE • COCO-BETAINE • PPG-5-CETETH-20 • OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL / OLIVE FRUIT OIL • HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL • ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT / ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT • COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL • PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL / AVOCADO OIL • DICAPRYLYL ETHER • GLYCERIN • PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE • PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL • SODIUM CHLORIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN • HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN • HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • CITRIC ACID • OLEYL ALCOHOL • POLYQUATERNIUM-7 • TOCOPHEROL • SODIUM BENZOATE • SALICYLIC ACID • PHENOXYETHANOL • CI 14700 / RED 4 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • LINALOOL • COUMARIN • LIMONENE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE (F.I.L. Z70012051/1).

It does smell really nice though. I always like the way Garnier products smell. But that's the only real positive I have. I probably won't use the rest in my hair. I think it is going to be demoted to makeup brush cleaner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment