Tuesday, August 27, 2024

L'occitane Shea Verbena Extra Gentle Soap Review


 I had to catch myself there for a minute because my brain was turning into Jello...but Instagram got me all the way together. Sometimes it knows exactly what I need to say. But on with the review- more L'occitane because I really want to try all their soaps. Although the Verbena was one that I almost skipped because I haven'y really liked anything scented with Verbena. 

L'occitaine claims: 

Enjoy a refreshing wake up call with the vibrant scent of verbena in this solid soap. Infused with Shea Extract, soften as you cleanse without drying the skin.

 

Formulated without palm oil, our caring soaps are crafted using centuries-old traditional methods used by master soap makers from Provence.

 

VEGAN FORMULA | ALL SKIN TYPES

Benefits
  • Gently cleanses
  • Softens skin
  • Delicately scents skin

I wanted to pull this out during the hot summer months because a lemon verbena scent seemed like it would fit the vibe. The only other scent I used from the brand was their "milk" one that smells of Sandalwood and that was a nice soap. I definitely prefer that one over this one...that one just felt more luxurious. 


I haven't been a fan of verbena scents in the past- I had Lemon Verbena essential oil and used it in a few soaps . This is the best iteration of the scent from all three. It smells natural- reminiscent of lemon but not lemon exactly. It's pleasant. But forgettable. It doesn't really stand out much from anything else. If I were repurchasing from the brand- I would easily go for the other scent over this one. I was pretty happy I bought this one in the small size.

Other than that it works well...doesn't dry my skin at all. My skin appears healthy looking..seems a bit smoother and a bit brighter. Or maybe it's just the sun I was getting while using this. 

It bubbles up nicely and rinses away easily. It's gentle enough to use on the face which is nice. Especially if you have oily skin. 

The ingredients are good and it is one of those soaps that is Palm Oil free. I know some people avoid Palm oil due to concerns of deforestation. I like that it has some good oils- sunflower, coconut, shea, and olive oil. 

Ingredients: 

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL - STEARIC ACID - PALMITIC ACID (FROM OLIVE OIL)- SODIUM HYDROXIDE - AQUA/WATER - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - LIPPIA CITRIODORA LEAF EXTRACT - SODIUM CHLORIDE - CITRIC ACID - TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE - SODIUM BENZOATE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - CITRAL - LIMONENE - LINALOOL - GERANIOL - HEXYL CINNAMAL - CITRONELLOL


I just didn't find it to stand out...but if a gentle and natural smelling Lemon Verbena scent does it for you, it might be worth checking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment