Monday, August 26, 2024

OPI Goldeneye Nail Polish Review

 I dug up some of my old DVD collection- which is not large at all, and decided to re-watch True Blood. Another show that I loved the first season of and then the show just slowly went downhill with a terrible Season Finale. Maybe I'll just watch the seasons I have since it's been a couple of years now. In the meantime, I have another polish review. Slowly but surely making it through the collection.

OPI claims: 

Gold Flake Shimmer Polish



This is an old limited edition polish color- I think from 2012. It came out in the James Bond Skyfall collection. I have two colors from that collection mostly because I received them as gifts. 

This is a true gold polish- I think it's the shade I most think of when I think of gold. It's very unique, I don't really see that many golden polishes floating around. I think it might also be a hard color to wear. It is for me and I have seen it on other skin tones where it didn't quite mesh...I feel like I have to stamp a design over it to like it or use as an accent nail in order to like it.  I've had the bottle forever and I'm only about half-way through it. It's not my favorite color to wear. 

It does seems to have a lot of flecks in it that make the polish have so much dimension and depth to it but it's completely smooth. It does need two to three coats to reach bottle color. I don't know if it's age but mine takes quite a while longer to dry....it just stays sticky so it's easy to smudge and dent. 

It does wear well for the most part....and even though it seems like a glitter I have never had a problem removing it. 

Probably the best gold color there is but if I ever use it up- I probably wouldn't go looking for a dupe. 

I used my stamping plate to put leopard print over it but I should have used the stars design- I think it would have been cuter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment