Saturday, August 24, 2024

Black Girl Sunscreen Disney The Little Mermaid SPF 30 Sunscreen Review

Time to fall back into the swing of things and get back to blogging. I've had a vacation heavy month or so which has really just left me exhausted. I still have "vacation brain" which is trying to have me making bad decisions but I think I am getting back to basics. 

Let's get into the sunscreen.

Black Girl Sunscreen claims: 

  • Tailored for Melanin Rich Skin: Specially formulated for dark skin tones, our SPF 30 sunscreen lotion offers robust protection against UVA and UVB rays, preventing premature aging, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots. 
  • Dual-Action Moisturizing: Acting as both a sunscreen and a moisturizer, our lotion is infused with nourishing natural ingredients like Jojoba, Cacao, and Avocado, providing all-over skin protection and hydration. 
  • Sheer, Residue-Free Application: Enjoy a sunscreen that leaves no white-cast or residue behind. Our sheer formula ensures a clear, lightweight base, perfect for daily use under makeup or on its own. 
  • Safe and Sustainable: Committed to your health and the environment, our sunscreen is free from Parabens, Fragrance, Oxybenzone, and Octinoxate, making it a reef-friendly choice. 
  • Water Resistant & Easy to Use: Stay protected even in water with our sunscreen's 80-minute water resistance. For optimal protection, apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply after swimming, sweating, or at least every 2 hours. 

Made in USA

Black Girl Sunscreen has been on my radar but I didn't buy this until I went to the states and saw my sister with it. Basically I bought this because it has a black mermaid on it and I'm a little obsessed with black mermaids. I did get to test hers out before buying..she was wearing sunscreen before going out to do some gardening and I was going out with her  so...I started to wear sunscreen a time or two. When we remembered at least.

I ordered this right on time because I did take a short vacation in Ibiza and had fun in the sun and at the beach so it came in handy. Normally I don't wear sunscreen. I don't know why. Or maybe I do.  In the summer I am always trying to reach my summer color ASAP. I just feel like I look so much better when my skin is sun-kissed and I don't want to block the sun really.

I have had sun burn a few times though and it's not fun- so I did take this with me and use it. Probably incorrectly though. I applied it hours before I went to the beach and did not reapply as you are supposed to,  I also didn't really apply enough. You are meant to apply a lot of sunscreen. I think it still worked because I didn't get any sunburn and I was in the water for a long time. Sometimes directly in the sun, hoping my skin was getting the sun I wanted it to get.  

It is a smaller tube. You only get 3 ounces and it ranges between $10-$15. It's $10 which is a better price right now on Amazon. 

It is pretty moisturizing. Which I wanted because I was definitely not wearing lotion and then sunscreen on top. It has a mild sunscreen smell and doesn't leave any white cast. I do use it on my face with no issues- no breakouts but it is a bit too shiny so I did like using a matte primer over top of it.  No one wants a separate facial sunscreen on vacation when you are trying to pack light. 

I did buy it for the packaging. I would probably buy it again for the packaging when I run out.

I don't think it does anything that other sunscreens can't do for a better price- but I do like supporting a black owned business and I do absolutely love the packaging. I hope they keep it forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment