Wednesday, August 14, 2024

NARS Taos Blush Review



This review is probably about 10 years too late ...I've had this blush in the collection forever and it's one I had to have but basically ignored once I got it. It's not discontinued...but I still wanted to review it. Get it out the way so I can move on to reviewing some other ignored things in my collection. 


NARS Taos claims:

NARS Taos is a very warm-toned, medium-dark red with a pearl finish. It is a permanent blush that retails for $30.00 and contains 0.16 oz.

The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's bestselling, most iconic shades for cheeks. NARS blush delivers healthy-looking color that enlivens the complexion and provides a natural-looking flush to flatter any skin tone. Iconic shades include a range of translucent, natural tones, each with a subtle pink undertone for a natural-looking blush to highlight the complexion. Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure irresistibly soft, blendable application. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush. These soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, from ultra-sheer to powerful pops of color.




I don't remember what made my buy this- I think I was in the store too often and kept swatching it and admiring it on my hand. It's a beautiful color. Just so hard to wear.

I thought it would be easier because it is more on the red toned side and I adore NARS Exhibit A red blush. It's not matte, it definitely has some golden sparkle to it that makes it look like it has a built in high-lighter. Beautiful color, especially when you catch it in the light.

It's also  very pigmented. I just have a hard time matching it with other stuff on my face because this makes such a statement. I've tried it with warm eye looks and cool eye looks and this just seems to clash. 

You can probably tone it down by blotting a foundation brush or puff with leftover foundation on it  over the blush to tone it down. 

I have had some quality issues with other NARS blushes where they can form hard pan. I have no such problems with this. 

I love my blushes from this brand-they are my favorite and will probably last me a lifetime. I need to wear them more often. I almost always default to my most favorite-Lovejoy- but that's a habit I need to break. 

I almost forgot to look more into the name- which I always find Nars has the best names when they aren't trying to do too much. I found this article which explains the name more...and I can kinda see the color connection. You can read more on it here, they explain it better than anything I can paraphrase. 

I won't do the breakdown of the cost, packaging, etc because that has all been updated...I don't know what the new packaging is like..but the old  packaging is nice until you have had it for a few years and then it gets all grubby and gross. I did a depot and  repackage of mine a few months ago.... 


Now I've finally only got one more blush to review and I will have reviewed every single NARS blush I own- all 12! 


No comments:

Post a Comment