Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Salt 'N' Pepper



 It was so hot today...it had me thinking of going to grab myself an air conditioner because this heat is not for me. Luckily we have a thunderstorm that is kinda cooling things off at the moment. Slightly. Not enough. I opened my windows so fast to let the smell of rain fill my place. I love it- I wish they sold it in a bottle so I could use it as a candle. 

But back to the music with one of my favorite groups of all time. 

I'll Take Your Man is one of my favorite songs.  I first heard this song in Beauty Shop. Such a fine man, I remember when this came out, I was crushing hard 😍.  She should have joined him, not judged him LOL.




Chic on the Side is an another bop. I love this performance. Someone in one of the comments was  talking about a boom box and I felt all nostalgic and wanted one of those old school boom boxes that ate right through your batteries so you had to keep replacing them. And not those small batteries. The huge ones. 




I listened to that one not too long after listening to the Pointer Sisters discography and I think my jaw hit the floor realizing Salt N Pepper sampled the sisters. These ladies are FLY.


Of course, can't have a playlist without this one....


I love playing this song on Dance Central. I have never played it on hard though..only medium. 


I kinda remember the time when this one came out....I'm pretty sure my brother had all their albums in his collection and that's why I remember them so much. 


I think I lied before...because Shoop is 100% percent my favorite Salt N Pepper song. my favorite verse "you're packed and your stacked, especially in the back, brother wanna thank his mother for a butt like that that, can I get some fries with that shake shake booby"....I'm not gonna type out the whole verse but that's my fave. I'm about to go replay this song about 5 more times. 


I feel like Salt n Pepper don't get their props like they should. And that's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment