Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Plant Therapy Lemon Verbena Essential Oil Review



Lemon Verbena is one of those things that sounds amazing...but every time I get it, it doesn't smell as good as I feel it should. I say it like I've used a lot of things scented like Lemon Verbena. But...that's not true. I've really only used the Mrs Meyers Lemon Verbena soap. I hated the smell of that. I think it kind smells like the oil...but then again not really. Anyway, this was one I got in the Oil of the Month club Plant Therapy has. I've tried to use it up...I just couldn't find a wa until I turned it into a room spray. Now I think it will be gone before I know it. 

Plant Therapy claims:

Our Lemon Verbena essential oil is steam distilled from the aerial parts of the plant that is grown in Morocco. It goes by the botanical name Lippia citriodora, however, you might also see it under one of its psuedonyms: Aloysia citriodoraLippia triphylla, and Lippia javanica. The lovely citrusy notes come from the plant itself and not from any actual citrus fruit. You’ll commonly find the shrub growing in gardens for its lemony aroma. Plus it makes a great addition to potpourri and herbal pillows.

Lemon Verbena is characterized by its fresh, sweet and lemony aroma that is bright, crisp and refreshing. Try adding it to your to freshen up a room with this cheerful, light and refreshingly mild citrus scent. It will help create an uplifting and relaxing atmosphere when you need a bit of emotional support. Historically it has even be used to help ease stress, symptoms of anxiety and depression, and difficulties sleeping. Yet another great reason to add it to your diffuser!


Anyway...this is kinda reminiscent of other lemon oils but not really. Think lemongrass without that note that makes it lemongrass. Or May Chang without the punchiness. With a hint of old or mold smell. I've tried and tried to love it but I just can't seem to. I've mixed it with a lot too...Ylang Ylang, Lime, Grapefruit, Geranium. I just don't like it. 

But...while I'm not a fan of the scent I do think it does what they say. On days I spray this I seem to sleep really well. I just sprayed some around my room and I'm already feeling really relaxed and sleepy. But at the same time it is uplifting if that makes sense. I would have tried it in a DIY Body Butter but it takes a lot of dilution since it is very photosensitive so I figured it was best to leave it as a room spray. 

Overall it has a purpose but it's not one that I would go out of my way to repurchase. Especially since it is on the pricier side. The 5 ml bottle ended up costing me about $15 with the subscription. 

No comments:

Post a Comment