Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Cuisinart Belgian Waffles, Pan Fried Lamb Chops, and Curried Chickpeas

 Time for another food post- I'm officially back in the kitchen for real. I think it had to do with the weather but I was in the kitchen heavy on Sunday. I definitely like cooking once the weather gets a little cooler.

I have three recipes to post- usually I have stuck with two but since I've been on a roll. 


I need to use the waffle maker I bought more- so I try to add trying a recipe from the booklet it came with every now and again. I love waffles, especially with fresh fruit, homemade whipped cream, and syrup. I have a go to recipe that I use when I want really great waffles- but it never hurts to try new recipes. This was better than the first recipe from the booklet- but I still wouldn't make again. I would make my go to. But if you want the recipe I tried this time, here it is.

I tried to arrange it nicely on the plate by breaking it up but that didn't really work for me. 


Next up, lamb chops. I've had them sitting in my freezer for awhile now because I was kinda scared to cook them. IDK why, they are so easy to season and cook. They came out amazing! I tried them with both McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite seasoning and the Chipotle and Roasted Garlic Seasoning. The chipotle one won of course! As a side I just made mashed sweet potatoes and quinoa. I really need to learn to spice up quinoa....


Last up, chickpea curry. I made mine with dried beans instead of canned....I just always like the idea of starting with the dried. As written this recipe is pretty bland....you may have to add extra seasoning, spices, veggie or chicken stock. I added extra curry powder and gochuchang and it's a fine. A nice and healthy, quick weekday meal. Also makes great leftovers to take for lunch to work. Nothing that will blow your mind, but I would use this as a base recipe and make it again. I probably should have added a side but I got lazy.



And that's all! I think the next recipe post might take me awhile- it seems I have nothing but dessert recipes coming up next...







No comments:

Post a Comment