Monday, September 16, 2024

Penaten Baby Care Lotion Review


 I'm amazed I made it home today after work at a reasonable time- every turn I needed to make I was about to turn in the opposite direction. Probably because I didn't sleep at all last night. Thank goodness for coffee because otherwise I would not have made it through the day. Now to cap the day off with a quick blog post. I am just about to throw the packaging for this in the trash so figured I could get a review out of it. 

Penaten claims:

  • Moisturizes the skin
  • Leaves a pleasantly soft skin feeling
  • Skin compatibility dermatologically confirmed
  • Recyclable packaging

Baby skin is particularly sensitive and it takes several years for it to fully develop and have all its protective functions. Support the development of delicate baby skin with regular baby care: For daily care, we recommend PENATEN® CARE LOTION.

Tip: Insert an evening ritual so that your baby can rest better and falls asleep: First bathe your baby with the PENATEN® GOOD NIGHT BATH and then gently cream it with PENATEN® CARE LOTION. So your baby can rest and sleep relaxed.

I used to love baby lotion growing up. I think we all just thought it was a lot more gentle and healthy on the skin. I'm a little surprised I haven't actually reviewed any baby lotions. I grew up using the Johnson and Johnson pink bottle American one...this one seems to be a popular German brand (also owned by Johnson and Johnson).

It's a thinner lotion- lightweight, non-greasy, and absorbs easily. Seems moisturizing enough. Not 24 hour moisture though.  My skin feels a bit rough by the next day. But for the first few hours after applying my skin does feel more hydrated and feels soft. 

The scent is nice. It's light but also still noticeable. It probably would smell amazing on an actual baby. I like the way it smells. 

If I had a baby I probably wouldn't use this on their skin. I would probably opt for Almond, Jojoba, or Apricot Oil. Just something nice and gentle and with ingredients I know and trust. I don't really like the ingredient list- not even for my own skin. I'm waiting for them to phase dimethicones out of moisturizers- I would prefer not to use them but they are everywhere! 

Ingredients:

PR-008280]: Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

Overall, it's fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment