Sunday, September 15, 2024

Samples Review: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Water Cream, Guerlain Double Renew and Repair Advanced Serum, Guerlain Honey Treatment Day Cream

 Got my hands on another couple of samples. I feel like I used to do these type of posts more frequently because I used to get samples more often. Maybe it's because I am ordering less? Also more and more companies seem to have slowed down on samples. You can't really tell much from a sample review but I like to do them anyway- especially for things I would not be able to afford to try otherwise. 


Today we have: 

This seems like an OK thing to put on under makeup. It definitely emphasizes dewiness and glow which didn't really work for me when I used it in the summer. But it might be something I could like in the winter. Overall, the Charlotte Tilbury brand never really appealed to me...so I'm not sure I would actually purchase. Especially since the price for 1 little ounce is $65 which is expensive and I don't think it does anything that warrants that price. "Water" really does seem to be the new buzz word for skincare...seems so odd since it's something we all have access to. Is "water" in the title something that sells a product to you? 


Guerlain Double Renew and Repair Advanced Serum 

The price on this is nearly 200 Euro so probably not something I would ever buy...unless I won the lottery. It smelled nice...seemed luxurious. But not as luxurious as the price seems to suggest. My skin looked smooth and had a more matte radiance to it the next day. It's supposed to be lift- my skin isn't really saggy so I can't speak to that. Especially after only one use. I enjoyed the sample though...I bet the packaging on this is gorgeous if you buy the full size.

Guerlain Honey Treatment Day Cream

The retail price on this is $180. I'm sure the packaging is beautiful and I love that they use Honey- but that's expensive. I'm glad I have a little sample- even though you can't tell too much from such a tiny amount. I used mine under make-up...it was like any other cream. It has a mild, pleasant smell. Kinda reminds me of the L'occitane Shea Hand Cream. I liked the way make-up applies over it. I think it had everything sitting extra smooth. And it wore well- providing radiance but no greasiness. I like it...but that price. I probably won't ever get my hands on the full size. There are definitely products that can do the same thing for a much better price point but if you have it like that...could be a good buy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment