Friday, September 6, 2024

MAC 170S Rounded Slant Brush


 I haven't been blogging because I got caught up watching Pop the Balloon. There is just something about that show that is completely addictive. It's a good show to analyze human behavior. What I find most fascinating is how shallow some of them really are- and the fact that many of them would pass up a good man over height- anyway I'm going to keep powering through the show so I can get my life back. In the meantime, I'm blogging and watching the show. Multi-Tasking for the win.

MAC 170S: 

A best-selling foundation brush with a rounded, slanted shape and densely packed fibres that applies, buffs out and blends any foundation or primer.



  • Hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest-quality materials
  • Expertly engineered with high-grade synthetic fibres that are resistant to breakage
  • Non-porous fibres that are easy to clean
  • Made with nickel-plated brass ferrules and multi-lacquered wood handles
  • Made in China 

    This is the last MAC brush to join my collection. I wanted to collect them all until they went synthetic. Now I'm more picky and don't add to my MAC brush line-up often. This is one I have wanted for awhile, but I have a similar foundation brush that works amazing...and didn't have a reason to buy this one. I still didn't but I bought it anyway....maybe I was just bored. 

    My favorite foundation brush is one I have had and used for years. It's the expert face brush. It is an amazing brush and also very affordable. Mine works and looks as great as the day I bought it. I just bought this one because I have wanted a "higher end" synthetic brush that was similar. Or I was just in the mood to buy something. 

    I am glad I have it, but it doesn't do anything the Expert Face Brush can't do for a fraction of the cost. I do prefer the look of the MAC brushes- I like the wood handles and the metal ferrule. The brush has a billion very soft bristles that work the foundation into the skin quickly and leave a nice finish. 

    I do also really like the shape. You can turn it any which way and even use the pointier end in the crevices of your nose etc. It also is a bit larger- not large though- so you can blend quicker than if you had a smaller or a flat foundation brush. 

    I really like this brush. I'm glad to have it in my collection and switch it out with my Expert Face Brush to give that one a break. I think it will last me years and years. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment