Friday, September 6, 2024

Korres Olive Blossom Pure Green Olive Traditional Soap

 


More Korres....this year was my time to try the brand and I think after this I likely won't be trying anything else by them for a little while. I just don't like the scent. I do love a good Olive Oil soap though- it is probably the most moisturizing type of soap there is.

Korres claims:
A pure Greek traditional soap bar with extra virgin Olive oil. It gently cleanses, providing suppleness and comfort to the skin. 100% natural Olive-oil soap base. No artificial colours
Made in Greece

I've used a few Olive Oil soaps that are very similar to this one and mostly made in Greece.  There was the Kiss My Face Olive and Aloe, the regular Olive version,  and Aleppo soap. One thing I notice with Olive Oil soaps is that they don't dry your skin at all, they really go on and feel like they are good for the skin. But they do smell odd...they smell a bit like burnt rubber or something This smells like that...with an added perfume that I really dislike. It smells like the scent of a cheap soap. A really cheap soap.  I don't mind the odd burnt rubber smell- I just can't stand the cheap soap scent. This wasn't pricey...but I still think it should smell better. 

It lathers well, rinses cleanly, bubbles up nicely- and feels really hydrating. 

Ingredients: 
SODIUM OLIVATE, AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, COUMARIN, CITRONELLOL, CITRIC ACID.

Olive Oil soaps are always nice- But the scent is a dealbreaker. Also this one is a little harder to get a hold of compared to the Kiss My Face brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment