Saturday, June 13, 2020

Aleppo Soap Review



I've been meaning to try Aleppo soap for ages. I'm not sure how I had originally heard of it. Maybe someone shared a video of the process making it. From what I've read it is originally made in Syria using tradition methods which I find fascinating.  I know soap making was displaced from Syria and other countries began producing the soap. I actually bought mine at a Bazaar and have no idea where it was made. From what I've heard now, soap making has returned to Syria.



I paid about $13 for it...which I think was overpriced. I got a "free" soap with it but still. I kind of thought for the price it would last a really long time and resist melting. I think I'll get about three weeks or so. 

But it does lather well and rinse clean. I was a little surprised at how much melts off of it and it kind of feels and looks like it is leaving Olive Oil in the wash cloth or on your skin. It's very hydrating though and after my skin adjusted to it, I could get away with no moisturizer. 

It does melt quickly.  It seemed "hard" and like it cured a long time but I think it melts as quickly as most other hand made soaps I've picked up. If not faster.

It doesn't smell the best. It's hard to describe the smell...almost like a rubbery smell with something off. it reminds me of the Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap smell. Which I think is comparable at a much more affordable price, but it's absolutely possible to pick it up at a better price than what I got. I just picked it up because it was convenient and I really wanted to try it out. 

 
As far as looks, I think it's one of the coolest looking soaps. The color is really cool, and the stamp looked really nice until it melted off. It looks rustic and like something that's been made hundreds of years (it is). 

There are no ingredients on it. I'm pretty sure the ingredients are likely Olive Oil, Laurel Oil, and Sodium Hydroxide. Hard to know because there is no information on it, or not anything I can understand at least.

Overall, I'm happy I was finally able to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment