Monday, June 15, 2020

Lush Strawberries and Cream Bath Bomb




Strawberry is my favorite flavor of nearly everything. Strawberry ice-cream, strawberry yoghurt, strawberry shortcake, if it comes in strawberry, that is usually the flavor I'm going for. When I saw this bath bomb on the Lush site, I was so curious about it, I had to try it. I've used a few Strawberry bath and body things. I think my favorite was the Strawberry Body Butter from The Body Shop even though it smelled liked Strawberry mentos instead of fresh strawberry. I think Strawberry is just a hard scent to duplicate but I was excited to try Lush's version of it.

Lush claims: 
What could be better than bathing in a big bath full of strawberries and cream? Use whole, or twist in half to share with a loved one. Fruity strawberry powder freshens and tones, while the creamy filling in this sandwiched bath bomb melts, leaving behind deeply softening water. A touch of black pepper oil gives this bath bomb an edge and brings out its sweet berry scent. 

3.95 Pounds/ 6.25 US Dollars 

I wouldn't say it reminds me of strawberry. If you gave it to me without telling me it was strawberry, I don't think I would have picked it. And I definitely don't pick up the cream either.  But it was very nice. It's more of a floral but a nice gentle floral. I'm terrible at describing scents but it was nice. Kind of forgettable. But I did like it.


They do claim you can get two uses out of it, but as the bomb is on the smaller side, I didn't want to end up disappointed and just used the whole bomb. I also didn't want to mess it up by twisting it in half. Using the whole thing was surprisingly strong. I expected I would barely be able to smell it but it filled up the whole bathroom and smelled great. I was hoping it would linger after I drained the water like some bombs but once it drained the smell was gone.


The strawberry itself is super cute. I've seen a slight variation in colors but I liked the one I got. It made a cool red pink bath water. 

I didn't notice this one lingering on my skin though.

And it didn't dry my skin...in fact my skin was kind of moisturized. It's supposed to have a moisturizing center but it felt more like bath bomb so I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. 



I love that Lush uses so many essential oils. I don't feel like I can pick up the scents of the oils, but I'm still glad they use them as well as Fair Trade Shea and Cocoa Butters. 

Ingredients: 
Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Water, Frankincense Oil,  Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Cream of Tarter, Strawberry Powder, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Laureth 4, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Dirpopylene Glycol, Benzyl Alchohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Perfume, Colour


It was nice. I definitely enjoyed it. Not sure I would purchase again due to the price and I wasn't blown away. But I'm glad I tried it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment