Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken

Quick post today. With a mozarella stuffed chicken. It seems like forever since I tried a new dinner recipe. I've been doing my own thing and haven't made anything new dinner recipes... just my usually rotation. I did make a Hummingbird cake though. And then Sunday Dinner. 

The original recipe is pepperoni stuffed chicken but we don't really eat pepperoni so I left it out. 

It was pretty easy. Season chicken, cut in half, cut slits for the cheese. Dip it in flour, egg, then bread crumbs (panko is the best, I used whole wheat), then pan fry until brown and finish in the oven. 

It was a lot easier than I was expecting. And came out really good! They almost looked like chicken thighs. 
A nice "fried" chicken with a cheese surprise inside. I had some other types of cheese but I stuck with mozzarella. I bet it would be great with a lot of different varieties of cheese. 

I had mine with rice and peas. Branching out from my usual steamed broccoli. 

You can find the recipe here. It came from Budget Bytes. 

I'm saving the recipe because I am definitely making it again. The only think I would change is to add some seasoning to the bread crumbs or flour next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment