Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Lush Golden Slumbers Bath Bomb Review



Yet another bath bomb review. I've been terrible at blogging these last couple of weeks. For some reason I always fall off in the summer. Not sure why. I'm almost through all the Bath bombs I bought. One more to go. Years back I bought the Golden Wonder bath bomb from Lush. It's a limited edition Christmas bomb. I thought that should have been called Golden Slumbers because I slept great after. It was one of my favorites. That wasn't made specifically for sleep..and this was so I was looking forward to trying it.

Anyway..Golden Slumbers.

Lush claims:
A sleeping potion in your bath, the calming oils in here will calm restless minds and send you on your way to heavenly sleep. With lavender oil, lavender absolute, chamomile oil and neroli to gently lift your mood just higher than the clouds and off into dreamland.

Pounds: 3.95

When I first took this bomb out the box, it smelled exactly like Lavender essential oil. Lush uses a lot of essential oils but most of their products don't really smell like essential oils. I was kind of surprised when I first smelled it. Unfortunately the smell doesn't stick around long and it faded quickly. After a few days..I couldn't really pick up much scent.


I was still hopeful it would blossom once I threw it in the bath water though. But...it was disappointing. It barely had any scent. I left the room and when I came back I kind of picked up a scent. But it faded after just a second and I can't even remember what it smelled like. And I used it last night. I also couldn't pick up the scent in the bathtub at all.

It was relaxing though. I almost felt like I was going to fall asleep in the tub.


Although the scent was a disappointment, the water was gorgeous. It was a glittery golden yellow. Although yellow isn't really my favorite bath color. It was mesmerizing. It reminded me of Belle's dress.
 

It didn't particularly dry my skin...but I wouldn't call it moisturizing either. The glitter didn't hang around either once I toweled off. As always...the glitter is biodegradable so you don't have to worry about it harming the environment. 
 

I read review on the bomb beforehand and a lot mentioned staining. Which is true. I tried to clean the tub out as soon as I got out and it still stained. I haven't been able to get it out so I'll probably use a dry eraser or bleach it. Needless to say, it defeats the purpose of taking a relaxing bath if you have to scrub the tub afterwards.


Ingredients: 
Baking Soda, Citric Acid,  Gardenia Extract, Synthetic Fluophlogopite, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Neroli Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide,  Silica, Limonene, Linalool, Color 

Overall, I think it was one of the most disappointing bath bombs I've used from Lush...even through the water was pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment