My last shampoo lasted me forever so after what seems like ages- I finally needed to pick up something else. The last few i[ I bought were more on the high end side so I decided to take it back to budget friendly and went to my old favorite - Alberto Culver. I used to love the conditioner and went though multiple bottles. It was something I used nearly every day. My favorite was the Strawberries and Cream. I haven't had a bottle in years and wanted to try something different- so here we are reviewing the Coconut.
Alberto claims:
Alberto VO5's unique formula blended with the Power of Five vitamins and natural oils provides beautiful soft, shiny hair. That’s the secret of VO5.
VO5 Island Coconut Moisturizing Shampoo is designed to cleanse dry hair while helping maintain moisture balance and softness. The hydrating formula works to remove buildup from the hair and scalp while supporting a smooth, manageable feel. The coconut-inspired scent provides a light fragrance that enhances the overall cleansing experience. The shampoo lathers easily and rinses clean, leaving hair feeling refreshed and prepared for conditioning. Suitable for daily or regular use, it can be incorporated into a complete hair care routine for dry hair types. Packaged in a 15 oz bottle, it offers a convenient size for home use. Apply to wet hair, massage into a lather, and rinse thoroughly according to the directions provided.
Made in Canada
I've used a ton of coconut shampoo over the years. From brands like Organix, Lush, Bumble and Bumble, and Suave. Every brand seems to have a Coconut line. I can't say I am particularly into Coconut Hair stuff but I always seem to end up with them.
So we shall start with the scent. I don't particularly love Coconut Hair products- there are a few exceptions. Many of them tend to smell a bit sour and can go south in the hair. This doesn't smell bad- but it has a bit of a sour scent to it and I don't particularly love it in my hair. It smells very familiar though-- maybe it reminds me Suave's scent but it's been a couple years since I used that one. This works a lot better in my hair than anything Suave ever has.
The shampoo is fine. It lathers and bubbles like crazy and when it rinses it does leave my hair feeling a bit tangled and a bit too squeaky clean feeling. The only complaint I have is that I seem to be going through it quite quickly. I'm not sure that it's because it's isn't concentrated- I think the packaging just dispenses too much product. I've been going through both the shampoo and conditioner very quickly.
I like the conditioner. I feel like it really puts back what the shampoo stripped of my hair. It feels moisturizing, has slip, and helps with detangling. My hair never feels dry once I am done with this duo.
The main thing I look for in a shampoo and conditioner is silicone free. Mainly Dimethicone. And microplastics. I don't truly know all of the microplastic derived ingredients but I don't think there are any in this. It also has a few other goodies which is surprising at the price point.
Shampoo Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, Glycol Stearate, Clycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Glycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin (Vitamin H), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Benzophenone-4
Conditioner:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Distearate, Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Glycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin (Vitamin H), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Shea Butter, Benzophenone-4
Overall, for the price it's a bargain. I really liked it- except the scent. I wouldn't buy this scent again but I would pick up another a different one.
No comments:
Post a Comment