Sunday, September 6, 2026

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfumed Soap Review



This is probably one the worst "luxury" soaps I have ever used. Which is shocking given the brand- and the price. Full price it will run you $37.00. 

So let's dive right into it.

Chanel claims: 

Delicately scented with the fresh, ambery notes of the COCO MADEMOISELLE fragrance, this soap for hands and body transforms into a creamy lather upon contact with water. The formula is enriched with cranberry seed oil, leaving skin soft and supple. 

A double name, a double personality. Independent and endearing, mischievous and provocative, light and exuberant. The expression of an individual free to reinvent themself.

composition

Notes of vibrant orange mingle with the transparency of rose and the elegance of patchouli.

art of perfuming

Create a generous lather in bath or shower as the first step in your COCO MADEMOISELLE fragrance ritual.


3.6 ounce.


Made in France




The prices on Chanel soaps have really sky rocketed over the past few years and I can tell you this is not worth it. I would not even pay $2.00 for this soap.

Packaging is basic. A box with the soap wrapped in plastic. It travelled well and the soap looked immaculate when I got it- but given the price- it is underwhelming. I think if I had ordered it directly from Chanel the packaging and samples can help digest the price- but I wanted to use Nordstrom bucks so I cashed in my $10.00 to lower the price on this. I wish I hadn't done that.

It's a square shape and I have to say I prefer the shape of the No.5 soap over this. It's nice but that one is nicer and much bigger.

The part about this that I cannot stand is the scent. It's horrible. It has an underlying pleasant fruity pear/floral scent. But what you smell most is something that smells like Nair. It smells so bad. I was shocked at how bad it was. Very unexpected. I thought maybe it was just the top layers but that horrible scent goes all the way down the last sliver. So I over lathered to try and use it up quickly. It took a lot of will power to not just toss it in the trash. 

Another thing- it makes my skin look awful. It feels like a very moisturizing soap as it's going on but it leaves a layer of white ash over my skin no matter how much I rinses. Some soaps do that- but this is the last soap I would have ever expected that from. Usually it's been cheaper soaps.

I don't know if I got a bad bar- but at this price there should be no "bad" bars. Quality control should be top notch. Or maybe that's just how the soap is supposed to be. 

Ingredients: 

SODIUM PALMATE | SODIUM PALM KERNELATE | AQUA (WATER) | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | PALM KERNEL ACID | VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL | ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH | HEXYL CINNAMAL | SODIUM CHLORIDE | SODIUM THIOSULFATE | GLYCERIN | LINALOOL | LIMONENE | BENZYL SALICYLATE | TETRASODIUM EDTA | TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE | CITRONELLOL | GERANIOL | COUMARIN | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | BS000136B

Hated it. Would never buy it again. If you are in the mood to treat yourself with a soap from the brand-  No.5 is a much better option. Or I would even highly recommend Dior J'adore as a more modern option that would be more comparable. Anything but this.




No comments:

Post a Comment