Monday, April 24, 2023

Chanel N°5 The Bath Soap Review



Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself, and this soap was definitely a treat/splurge. A couple of years ago it was a bit more affordable (not really), the price has hiked up in the last couple of years. Figured I would get one though before the price goes up even more.

Chanel claims:

product

Infused with the now and forever fragrance, this indulgent bath soap leaves skin subtly perfumed. 

composition

A feminine, sensual floral bouquet that enhances the smooth harmony of May rose and jasmine. 

art of perfuming

Create a generous lather in bath or shower as the first step in your N°5 fragrance ritual.

Made in France

A few years back I bought the Chanel No. 5 perfume. I have been having fund trying out some of the most iconic perfumes of all time and No. 5 makes every iconic list. The original scent made its debut in 1921, and from everything I've read the scent is not the same. It's gone through a formulation change with the  restrictions on materials/ingredients now in place for perfumery. I know you can buy the original on Etsy (very expensive) but I decided I'm ok with just getting the modern formulation. That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of the Chanel No. 5. It's a bit too floral for me, maybe a bit too mature too. But I do like the scent, it's just not "me". I can imagine it smelling really nice on other people though.

Even not loving the perfume, I still wanted to experience the soap. And its an experience. Let me tell you. It smells like the perfume, and is a perfumed soap in a way that I have never experience before. I get a lot of Jasmine and what I think are aldehydes(used in a lot of older perfume formulations). It also has a soapy note.  It's like someone literally put the perfume in a soap. It makes me feel like I'm using the same soap someone from the old, glamorous Hollywood would use. Marilyn Monroe was said to be a fan of Chanel No. 5, so maybe it's something she would have used.  I'm not sure when the soap came out but I have a feeling it came out after she had passed.


The soap itself comes in the typical Chanel style packaging. It's definitely a nice little box, but not too over the top. The soap is a light pink, oval shape. It's the same shape as the Fresh soaps which I really like. Not many soaps come in that shape, I find it dries a little better so the soap isn't sitting in a pile of mush.


 


The soap is rich in lather, rinses clean, and doesn't dry my skin.

It also lasts pretty well, I've been using the bar for almost a month and have at least another week with it. 

Ingredients:

SODIUM PALMATE | SODIUM PALM KERNELATE | AQUA (WATER) | SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | PALM KERNEL ACID | PALM ACID | GLYCERIN | SODIUM CHLORIDE | ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE | COUMARIN | LINALOOL | GERANIOL | CITRONELLOL | HEXYL CINNAMAL | BENZYL SALICYLATE | LIMONENE | TETRASODIUM EDTA | TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE | CINNAMYL ALCOHOL | BENZYL BENZOATE | ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE | EUGENOL | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | IL72B

Overall, it's a luxurious experience. I really enjoyed using it, especially because of the soapy note. It's an intense soapy floral, unlike any soap I have ever used. I'm glad I got to try it at least once and I will definitely be trying their other soap.





No comments:

Post a Comment