Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Lip Smacker Coca Cola Cherry Lip Balm Review



 Cherry Coke made its debut in the 80's, 1985 to be specific. For some reason, I thought it came out in the mid 2000's. I'm not a soda drinker but if you gave me a choice between regular coke and cherry coke- I would go with Cherry. It just sounds so much more exciting and I don't know why. I haven't had Cherry Coke in years...I think the last time I had it might have been high school. I'm not a big soda drinker.

Lip Smacker claims:

Quench your thirst with a Cherry Coke lip balm! Twist open and open your senses to the world of Coke. The lip balm delivers the authentic taste of Coca- Cola while providing extended hydration to your lips. 



I like this one a lot more than the regular Cola Lip Balm. I just find that the other one was so easy to get tired of but I don't think I'll have any problems using this tube up. It does smell like what I remember Cherry Coke to smell like, but instead of a cold, fizzy soda, this smells a bit like a flat soda.

This one is not gritty like the original one either. It's just much smoother. It's a bright cherry red, but I kinda wish they went with a deeper oxblood type of red. It doesn't show up as any color on my lips.

It also does a decent job as a lip balm. My lips are moisturized for a bit and also feel smoother. It's not a bad lip balm at all.

While trying these lip balms have been fun and I will use and review the remainder of my party pack, I won't buy them again. It's pretty disappointing to me that Lip Smackers used to be made in the US but aren't anymore. I think they were made somewhere in the midwest, and I really liked that because that it supported the US economy and US jobs. They are now made in China.

Ingredients are a mixed bag. There are some great oils and waxes but then it does also contain mineral oil and hydrogenated oil. Probably still not the best ingredient list because you do end up eating a bit of the product since it's on your lips.

Ingredients: 

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dabeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Paraffin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylene Glycol, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Overall I liked this lip balm. Won't repurchase for reasons stated above but if that doesn't bother you and you love sodas/soda flavored things, I would recommend giving it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment