Thursday, March 16, 2023

Coca-Cola Lip Smacker Review


 Reliving my childhood through lip balm. I'm pretty sure I had the soda set as a kid, I distinctly remember the Sprite and Root Beer one. And vaguely remember the Cola one. I'm not sure why I just had to have this set, but it's been on my wishlist for awhile. I don't drink a lot of soda, I rarely drink it. I think I had my first soda of the year this week if I am remember correctly. And it was Root Beer.

Lip Smacker claims:

Quench your thirst with a Coke  lip balm! Twist open and open your senses to the world of Coke. The dome-shaped lip balm delivers the authentic taste of Coca- Cola while providing extended hydration to your lips. 


I was surprised when I googled and saw how much Coca-Cola branded makeup there is. There's a Revolution Coca-Cola shadow palette, a Morphe one- both brands I wouldn't buy from. Coca-Cola high-lighters. I think I'm at the age where it doesn't really appeal to me anymore, I only wanted this because it reminds me of my childhood. 


The look of the lip balm is perfect. Whoever designed the tube did a great job. There are even more fun shaped Cola lip balms that might be nice for a collector or Cola fans. The lip balm itself is brown. Not the most appealing brown and not really very coke-like. I think they could have come up with a better color. Maybe a gel looking deep dark brown that looks more like the soda. Also the lip balm is slightly grainy. It's not as smooth as past lip smackers I have had.


But the scent?!!?!? It smells like flat coke-no bubbly. It really does a great job of replicating Coke. It doesn't really taste like coke. But it's very sweet. I don't like to wear it when I'm eating because it is so sweet and a little overwhelming when mixed with your food.

I think the quality could be better. I don't like the slight grittiness and I feel like I need to re-apply more often than past Smackers I have had.

One thing that was pretty disappointing to me is that Lip Smackers used to be made in the US but aren't anymore. I think they were made somewhere in the midwest, and I really liked that because that it supported the US economy. I guess that is no more because they are now made in China. It kinda makes me not want to purchase from the brand anymore. 

Ingredients:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Flavor/Aroma, Octyldodecanol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Propylene Glycol , Tocopheryl Acetate, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Sucralose, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. May Contain Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, 77492, 77499). Ingredients Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Paraffin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Polyester-3, Neotame, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, Anise Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl 2-Octynoate. May Contain Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 28 (Cl 45410), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, 77492, 77499).

Overall, it was a fun walk down memory lane but likely not a repurchase. The novel kinda wears off too quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment