Friday, June 19, 2009

Nubian Heritage Black Seed Soap With Apricot Oil and Wild Honey




My third soap by Nubian Heritage. I was excited to try this one because the name sounds absolutely yummy.

The actual bar itself is an orange yellow with little tiny seeds in the soap. When it lathers the lather is actually tinged a similar color to the bar. I think it smells like a sweet apricot kinda smell. Again the scent doesn't linger.

It claims
Nubian Heritage has delicately captured the potent healing properties of Black Seed Oil into a luscious Shea Butter soap enriched with the skin-softening and conditioning attributes of Apricot Oil and Wild Honey topped with Black Seeds for gentle exfoliation of external impurities.Black Seed, also known as the "seed of blessing", is such a part of our culture that it was found in the Tomb of King Tutankhamen. So powerful are its medicinal properties that ancient proverbs proclaim Black Seed as the "cure for all disease". Historically, Black Seed was used on the skin to strengthen the immune system, prevent external infections, increase blood circulation and achieve a smooth, even complexion. Organic Honey helps skin cells regenerate and maintain moisture. Black Seed smoothes uneven complexions and is said to prevent external infections and strengthen the immune system.



So the actual bar lathers really well and is great for exfoliation although sometimes I felt it was a bit scratchy. I wouldn't recommend using on the face if your face is sensitive like mine. It cleans extremely well. The only problem I had was if i skipped lotion ( I sometimes like to do this) my skin got progressively drier and felt uncomfortable throughout the day. Another thing I noticed was my skin would have dry flaky patches after showering which meant lotion was a must.


The ingredients get an A++ from me.


Black Seed Oil, African Shea Butter, Apricot Oil, Organic Honey, Black Seeds, Palm Oil, Essential Oil Blend, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Coconut/Palm soap base, and Iron Oxides.


This bar was just alright for me. I wouldn't recommend if your skin is prone to dry patches but I did notice the rest of my skin looked healthy. At $2.50 it was definitely worth trying and lasted a little bit over three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment