Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey


Yes, another Carol's Daughter product even though I had bad results with the first. I was hoping to have better luck with some of her other products.

It claims:

This herbal infused pomade improves manageability and tames fly-aways while delivering a sweet citrus scent. The blend's lack of water makes it ideal for those combating frizzies. Alkanet, an herb native to the Mediterranean, provides this hair dress with its bright, citrus hue. Nettles help soothe scalp irritation. Sage stimulates the scalp and offers antimicrobial benefits.
The texture reminds me of grease. It melts easily in between palms. I wouldn't agree with the description. It doesn't smell citrusy. Sometimes it smells like a very pleasent flower blend, other times it's pretty similar to honey. And sometimes I smell a bubblegum scent. It doesn't last in the hair very long though.

I agree with its claim that it provides shine. If you need shine this product gives lots of it. As for managing frizz. Not really in this curly head of mine. Maybe for straight hair. I have used some to slick back hair and it felt very soft and stayed back pretty well. As for moisture this provides very little. I like it better on wet or damp hair as it felt a little greasy when I used it on my dry hair.

The ingredients are alright. This particular product is all natural unlike the other Carols Daughter product I used. The main ingredient is corn oil...and there is some Beeswax in it.

Ingredients

Corn Oil infused with Lavender,Sage Leaf, Red Clover, Rosemary, Rose Petal Red, Blue Malva, Nettle, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Fragrance, Alkanet Root For Color, Annato Seed

It costs me $9.50 for four ounces but you can purchase the 8 ounce for $15.50. I do think it is a bit over priced and I also think there are cheaper alternatives. I do think this would be better for pressed hair as it is water free or for relaxed hair because of the texture and the shine it provides.

Overall, it was just OK for me.

4 comments:

  1. ok - is not enough. now i know i will not be purchasing anymore of CD's products. you cant charge high prices and not get quality results.

    we can all go to the local bss and get some grease for much cheaper and at least know what we are getting.

    sorry for venting - but this is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read so many reviews on Carols Daughter's product and they all rang out the same. Crap. It seems to be more eye candy than anything. It's a shame that the prices are so high to begin with. The price made people believe that this was the truth and the celebrity's (some mostly weaved, some mixed) that claim they love the product...can't really show anything. Jada don't have my texture and Mary has more weaves than a little bit. That should be considered. I'm good! Carol and her chile can keep the grease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you just my take, i tried at least four hair products.. all of them failed to win me over- they were either 'aiight' or 'not worth trying eva again'. waaay too overpriced products.

    i'd consider the body products, but i will not be trying the hair products again

    ReplyDelete
  4. @justmytake- I totally agree...unfortunately I still have some Carols Daughter products left...

    @Dwana- I loved what u said about the people that endorse the products...lol..i never thought about it like that..I never see Jadas hair in a wash and go so who knows what her hair looks like...

    @augusta- they did a great job of marketing though...the products truly are not worth it...plain crap..im thinking about the body products as well...:)

    ReplyDelete