Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pantene Hydrating Curls Review

It took hours and hours of staring at all the shampoos and conditioners in the hair care aisle but I finally decided on the much raved about Pantene Hydrating Curls Duo to use on my newly natural hair. The bottles are pretty big, around 13 ounces and both of them together cost around seven dollars.

So the shampoo in my opinions smells better than the conditioner. The conditioner has something off about it. Like maybe too much oil(not the good kind though). Both are rather perfumy but the smell dissipates quickly. The texture of the shampoo is creamy and it only takes a little bit. The conditioner is medium thickness. Not too thick not too thin.

The shampoo IS drying. Especially if you don't use conditioner afterward and I found my hair turned into frizz much quicker when I used to shampoo.As long as you use a moisturizer then your hair should be OK. The conditioner was nice though. As soon as I put it on my hair felt detangled and I could easily run my fingers through. Detangling with my brush wasn't bad either. After it dryed my hair felt strangely soft. This unfortunately did not have curls popping out everywhere.

One thing that I noticed while using this product is that my hair shed a whole lot more than normal. Just applying the product in the shower without combing it through left me with little balls of hair. Which is probably due to the ingredients.

None of the ingredients are easily recognizable and all seem like chemicals.
Upon further inspection I saw some of the ingredients are linked to cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, neurotoxicity, organ system toxicity, and skin, eyes, or lung irritation. The conditioner is worse having all the above AND persistence and accumulation in the body. Meaning it has the ability to build up those nasty ingredients in your body.

The only ingredients you would want included are cetyl alcohol (derived from coconut oil), Panthenol, and Panthenyl Ethyl Ether which are forms of Vitamin b5. Having said that and taking a look at the ingredients I wouldn't recommend using this for a prolonged period of time because there are no real long time benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment