Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Caramel

I had actually been wanting to try this for awhile. The only reason I really got this though was because the Rite Aide I have access too sucks and they don't carry any other good dark foundations. BOOO Rite Aide.

So anyway, let me start by saying that I HATED this. It's ashy and will not blend for anything. If Maybelline asked me I would tell them they need to come out with a shade between caramel and cocoa. But they didn't ask me so they will continue to miss the mark. This actually is the right shade for me, however one of the ingredients makes this look ashy on my sin. Especially in pictures. This is not camera friendly foundation.

If you enlarge the pictures you will know what I'm talking about. Another thing is this stuff is a pain the butt to blend. JEEZ. And on top of that it likes to sit on top of the skin instead of disappearing and melting into it. The only good thing I can say about this foundation is that it does make the skin appear matt. Other than that, I would skip.

The only way I am able to use this is by mixing it with lotion or liquid bronzer . If you can find a way to make it non- ashy I would say go for it. Other than that I would try something different.

The only reason it looks nice in the picture is because I had been wearing it all day so most of it disappeared. Oh yeah, and one more thing, it does a good job of evening out eyelids so it could potentially be used for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment