Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Neutrogena Triple Moisture SilkTouch Leave- In Cream

I actually first tried this when I had a relaxer and I remember it making my hair silky, smooth and ridiculously soft when I flat ironed. So I thought why not give it another go.

It's claims:

Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream melts effortlessly into strands, improving smoothness and manageability while diminishing fly-aways and frizz.
This silky daily cream spreads evenly, absorbing quickly to instantly soften, smooth and condition extra dry, damaged strands. Three naturally derived extracts work to defy dryness. Olive penetrates to the center of the hair strand, Meadowfoam Seed helps moisturize the middle and Sweet Almond wraps the surface. It also contains UV filters.

So how did I like it? UMMMMMM, not so much.

It smells WONDERFUL...the scent is kinda hard to explain though. Its fruity kinda like sweetened grapefruit and can almost function as a hair perfume. And the good stopped there. There wasn't really any moisture whether I applied, damp, wet, or dry and what little it did have left my hair pretty dried out. Not to mention the small bottle of six ounces is overpriced for something in the drugstore. It claims to improve texture but for me nada.

It could be because the first ingredients are water and cones(which with continued use I felt building up on my hair and becoming kinda waxy even on relaxed hair). And it has sodium hydroxide which is the main ingredient in lye relaxers. Strange. It has a whole lot of bad stuff thrown in with the good such as glycerin, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil. But the bad definitely outweighs the good.


Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Polyquaternium 37, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Meadowfoam Seed Oil (limnanthes alba), Olive Fruit Oil (olea europaea), Sweet Almond Oil (prunus amygdalis dulcis), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Phenyltrimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

5 comments:

  1. I tried the Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask by Neutrogena and was not impressed. I bought it cuz it was on sale...saaad I know. I won't be buying it again...I will be staying with my faithful and true Jessicurl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...A sale usually convinces e to tr products I KNOW I don't want to....Ill have to tr that Jessicurl one day...
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair HATED me after trying this. I have a barely full bottle. I might use it in a mix or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine too...it was soooo hard to get rid of the buildup or coating it left...i ended up using it up...i have some weird thing where i finish the container no matter what it does to my hair...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, that's a lot better than me. At least you don't waste things. I'd put it away...forget I hated it..and relive the nightmare over again. I know...sad.

    ReplyDelete