Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Queene Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream

Confession Time-

I haven't deep conditioned since July.

I know...I know

And I probably would have kept going at the same pace if Herbal Essences didn't dry my hair out something serious.

So I was in the store and thought I would try a classic that has been around FOREVER. It smells unpleasant and looks like LARD. But I know better than to judge a book by it's cover. The first go round I sat for six hours with this stuff. No luck. Still hard hair. The next time 2 hours. No luck still hard hair. The last time I followed directions to a T. The results were kinda soft hair, but really not THAT great. Not to mention, making my scalp itch and I never have itchy scalp...

I feel this is crap on my hair. The ingredients are awful and they contain sodium lauryl sulfate which is drying and used to produce lather. ( why your conditioner needs to lather is BEYOND ME) There's really nothing good I can say except it's cheap at 3 bucks and some change for fifteen ounces.

And look at all this work:Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply Cholesterol Cream generously to hair and scalp. Make sure dry or damaged hair is well covered. Add a few drops of warm water and work into a creamy lather. Cover hair with a plastic cap, then cover with a heating cap or a hot towel. Keep on for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove cap and rinse thoroughly until all cream is removed. Do not shampoo.

Yep those are the directions.

And the ingredients....CRAP....Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol, Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, FD&C Yellow #5 (Cl # 19140), FD&C Yellow #6 (Cl # 15985), FD&C Red #40 (Cl# 16035), D&C Red #33 (Cl # 17200).


The only good thing in the list is cholesterol....

My Advice: Run and Run Far

No comments:

Post a Comment