Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Alberto Culver V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie Shampoo and Conditioner

What I really wanted was the much raved about Organix Coconut line, but since I was buying some makeup brushes I decided on a CHEAP duo because I didn't want my bill to be high. I also wanted something that wasn't loaded with silicone because the last couple of months it seems that is all I was putting in my hair.

So into the basket it went. It smells good..I'm not sure how realistic it is since I've never actually smelled passion fruit. But I did notice after awhile the scent did get kinda annoying.


It Claims:

With soy milk protein. Shine enhancing nutrients. Experience the health and vitality of soy milk protein formula for beautiful hair. Treat yourself to the zesty sweet scent of juicy passion fruit. Soy milk protein formula revitalizes dry, damaged hair. Replenishes as it cleans leaving your hair silky, soft and manageable. Keep color treated hair looking great.


I really like the shampoo. It seems to moisturize and make my curls pop which preps it perfectly for conditioner.

The Conditioner is aight. It's runny, so the consistency is better for co-washing. It really seems to absorb into my hair which is good. But the detangling properties leave a little to be desired. It's not the worst but not the best.

Now the Ingredients....

Shampoo Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Soy Milk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 40 (CI 16035).


Conditioner Ingredients-Ingredients: water, cetyl alchohol, cetrimonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride, stearyl alcohol, steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, peach fruit extract, soy milk, passiflora incarnata flower extract, tocopheryl acetate, biotin, niacinamide, polysorbate-20, ascorbic acid, panthenol, propylene glycol, dmdm hydantoin, disodium edta, fragrance, red 40, red 4, orange 4.

The Shampoo has SLS and a bunch of bad things but a few good extracts such as peach fruit extract, passion fruit extract, soy milk, vitamin e, biotin, and panthenol.Same as the conditioner. So no the ingredients aren't the best but it was only a dollar.

Overall, I think it is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment