Monday, May 18, 2009

Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set



Believe it or not I've never owned my own brush set and everytime I walked into Rite Aide I saw this. So finally I decided I had to have it after I went to Walgreens and felt how soft the one of the brushes was.

About The Set:

This earth friendly set shows respect for the planet:Bamboo handle has a low impact on the earth's resources as it is a highly sustainable plan
t, Synthetic Taklon bristles are 100% cruelty free,Sleek ferrule is made from recycled aluminum, Cosmetic brush roll is made from natural cotton and hemp

When I finally opened it I found that these brushed felt like "quality" brushes. They look sleek and are extremely light. Not only that but these have never shed on me. Even after a few washes. There are five brushes.

The Blush Brush

Expertly tapered for easy highlighting and contouring of cheekbones.

After I got this brush I gave my old brush away. This brush is ridiculously soft. So soft in fact I would rub it over my face for no reason. It won't give a heavy application of color which means really have to work to build the color. This brush is my favorite of the collection.


The Concealer Brush

Use with liquid or mineral powder concealer for more coverage on blemishes and under eyes.

This brush isn't sold separately. It's only available in the kit. I don't wear concealer much but this brush applies it pretty well. Mostly I find this brush works well as a cream shadow brush.


The Eye Shading Brush

Wide, soft bristles deliver a swift, even application

This brush is nearly identical to the concealer brush. Unfortunately, I didn't like this as much as the others. It doesn't seem to pick up much shadow and I can't blend with it as the bristles are stiff. However it works well with creme shadows, pigments, and packing on eye shadow.




Eyeliner Brush

Ultra-flat, precisely angled bristles create a clean line around eyelashes

Works well at lining and filling in brows, although it's not my favorite. It does a good job though.


Lash and Brow Groomer

Bristles enhance the shape of the eyebrow.

Nothing exciting here. Just your standard Lash/Brow Groomer. I was a little disappointed that it felt kinda "cheap". But it does it's job so I can't complain. If you don't have one it works well for brushing eyebrows up and into place and also separating clumpy lashes.


And last but not least the handy dandy hemp cotton roll. The plastic part can also be used to carry the brush set also. Overall I'm pretty impressed and think these brushes are excellent value ringing in at 12 dollars. I rushed out to get the foundation and powder brush even though I have no powder.......

Stay tuned for those reviews.......


UPDATE- 03/08/14- This really is a good beginner set but don't expect it to last forever. The concealer and eyeshadow brush separated from the handle, the lash groomer broke also, the eyeliner brush really was just OK, and the only one I still have and use occasionally is the blush brush. I realized also I don't really like the aluminum handles.

5 comments:

  1. These brushes are AMAZING! AREN'T THEY?!?!? My only issue is that they need a bigger line.

    IMO, it's great great for MUA and beginners! Have you tried the art/ paint brushes, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love me some ecotools!!
    no i haven't even seen them?!?!?
    where have they been hiding...lol...thanks for commenting and joining!!!!let me now if you try them out 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diva, I own a set. There is a rare few of us that know about the ecoTools. I stumbled onto them by "mistake." I left my brushes here in NJ while traveling to PA. I was so vexed because I wasn't about to just go buy new MAC brushes. Well I ran into Walgreens and reluctantly snagged the holy grail. That day I found out what love really is. LOL

    I found out about the art/ paint brushes from YouTube. Something you might want to look at. I see you a HIP fan. So am I. I even did a tut on youtube for my palette. Anywho, have a great weekend lil momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and happy Memorial Day!!Its lucky you stumbled on the ecotools...Whats the link for your tutorial on youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  5. On YouTube I'm SeriousBlackNJ. I have only one tut and that's my HIP Palette. The rest is weight stuff. My inbox is full of "where are you!" I have to make another video :@(

    ReplyDelete