Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner

I bought these the same time I bought the Nourish Spa set. These were about three dollars each and for the ingredients I figured I couldn't go wrong.

It's Claims:
Invigorate with peppermint, tea tree, and eucalyptus botanicals. We've worked with and upscale boutique to bring you this salon quality shampoo and conditioner that will rejuvenate your hair with it'r refreshing tingle. A blend of certified organic botanicals including peppermint and tea tree that work together to moisturize and clarify ehile alleviating dry scalp. Contains no sulfates and is suitable for all hair types.

The shampoo is a big NO for me. It gets my hair squeaky clean which encourages unnessecary tangles. I must have thick scalp skin too because I couldn't feel any tingling. Except when it got on my face. I ended up using it a body wash because it was extremely refreshing when used in that manner.It's clear and kinda watery. It smells pepperminty. Which I'm not a fan of in the hair.

I like the conditioner. In fact it works better for me than the Nourish Spa conditioner. It moisturizes and softens my hair pretty well. It's pretty thick and detangles OK. I don't love it but it is ok for a daily conditioner. As with the shampoo no real tingle unless left on for awhile.

The ingredients are great. Especially at this price.

Shampoo: Purified Water, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Nettle Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, Chamomile, Clary, Lavender, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow Oil, Mallow,Horsetail Oil, Soybean Oil, C12-14 Olefin Sufanate, Cocomidapropyl Betaine, Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sea Salt, Grapefruit Seed

Conditioner: Purified Water, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Rosemary Oil, Nettle Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, Chamomile, Clary, Lavender, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow Oil, Mallow,Horsetail Oil, Soybean Oil, Cetyl Alchohol, Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed

So overall, I'd recommend trying the conditioner but not the shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment