Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Veet Rapid Action Har Removal Lotion

I've been wanting to try Veet and see how it compares to Nair for awhile. And since it was two minutes shorter than Nair's time and you dont have to use a washcloth to remove it I thought I would try it.

It's claims:
Need more time for you? Veet® Rapid Action Hair Removal Lotion removes unwanted hair in just 3 minutes—the fastest amount of time currently available for a depilatory lotion.All you need is warm water and the easy-to-squeeze lotion tube. It’s that simple.Sweet almond and mineral oils enrich Veet® Rapid Action Hair Removal Lotion, leaving your skin silky smooth, sexy, and ready for anything. Best of all, hair takes much longer to grow back than with shaving.

I mostly use this on my eyebrows but on occassion on my whole body. It is more expensive than shaving though which is why I rarely use it on my whole body. Also shaving seems to involve less chemicals which is why I would rather shave. I noticed that the results I get from this don't last very long. Even on my eyebrows. It also smells bad. I always worry about the scent sticking to my skin after I've showered.

The ingredients:

Water, Urea, Potassium Thioglycolate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Calcium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Ceteareth-20, Ppg-15 Stearyl Ether, Fragrance, Magnesium Trisilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sodium Gluconate, Mineral Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrated Silica, BHT.

Overall it's average. Over time I can imagine it getting pretty expensive at five buck a squeezy tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment