Saturday, January 23, 2010

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner



I've heard RAVE reviews seemingly everywhere. I think evevy loves this stuff. I did too.  When I was relaxed. I got the shampoo for five dollars at Wal-Mart and the big bottle of conditioner for five. Let me start the review.

It's Claims:
quench thirsty hair with our moisturizing shampoo fused with orchid & coconut milk. essential moisturizers help replenish your pretty, parched head with hair that is silky and supple. want more moisture where i come from? Seek my happily hydrated conditioner. Lather up and soak your head. Rinse and repeat. Let your hair drink it up.


i'm deliciously hydrating. give your dry hair a drink with my moisturizing conditioner. i say you can never get too much of a good thing. so say "hello" to a deep dousing of lush hydration with my rich formula fused with moisturizers, orchids & coconut milk. drink up and replenish your hair's much needed moisture. it's time to be reunited with manageable, silky, smooth hair.
 
So onto the review. I don't like the shampoo. My hair feels nice and moisturized when rinsing but as it drys, IT DRYS. And then it takes a few days to recover. The conditioner is OK. It seems to tangle my hair some  and only aids in detangling a little bit. The color is disturbing. I don't like color additives for the most part. And it's scent is like sweetened coconut which got kind of annoying after awhile. I've used better.
 
Shampoo Ingredients:
Water, , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, , Sodium Chloride, , Cocoamide MEA, , Glycol Distearate, , Dimethicone, , Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, , Cocos Nucifera MilkCoconut, , Fragrance, , Cetyl Alcohol, , Polyquaternium-10, , Sodium Citrate, , Sodium Benzoate, , Disodiium EDTA, , PEG 7M, , Citric Acid, , Propylene Glycol, , Methylchloroisothiazolinone, , Methylisothiazolinone, , Blue 1
 
Conditioner Ingedients:
Water, , Stearyl Alcohol, , Cyclopentasiloxane, , Cetyl Alcohol, , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, , Dimethicone, , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, , Cocoa Nucifera Milk FragranceCoconut, , Glutamic Acid, , Benzyl Alcohol, , EDTA, , Methylchloroisothiazolinone, , Methylisothiazolinone, , Citric Acid, , Blue 1,
 
Ingredients are lacking. But you get what you pay for so I really can't complain.
 
Overall I don't like the shampoo but I would recommend trying the conditioner because so many people have tried it and liked it. I feel like I've used better.

8 comments:

  1. sorry you didnt like this.

    its still my top favorite conditioner. did you leave it in or rinse it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just happy I was able to try it. I LOVE trying new things :D

    I would rinse it out. I always put a separate leave-in. I should probably just leave-in. Is that how you used it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, i detangle and leave it in. it also works well when using styling gels.

    i did try the shampoo and it was ok. but i'm not a big fan of shampoos anymore.

    let me know if you try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried it today as a leave in...

    My hair didn't like :(
    Well I got good curl definition...it just wasn't soft enough...

    But my hair loves being difficult...

    I think I'm gonna try some of the others. I know I saw you tried Totally Twisted. Maybe I'll have better luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair is probably used to natural products.

    there are plenty of questionable ingredients in HH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, your probably right lol
    I might try the totally twisted though...
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep me posted if u want to trade it off

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would but my bottles almost empty...:(
    If theres anything else u want to trade let me know though

    ReplyDelete