Monday, June 7, 2010

Carols Daughter Ecstasy Body Cleansing Gel

My first Carols Daughter skin care product. I wanted something fruity for the shower and I ended up picking this up. It costs 13.50 for 8 oz. making it 1.70 an ounce. I got mine for 11.00 at the base exchange. But that's still pretty expensive. Even philosophy's gels don't cost as much per ounce. This is supposed to be the number two selling scent in the body cleansing gels. The first is Almond Cookie.

Carols Daughter says:
A natural soap blend, derived from coconut, olive and jojoba oils combined with exotic aromas for a gentle rich lather that leaves skin fresh, clean, rejuvenated and moisturized. Perfect shower or bath.

Benefits:
Natural Coconut Oil Soap Blend
No sodium lauryl or laureth
No Parabens, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil or Artificial Color

The scent is supposed to be pineapple, white florals, and musk. But it just smells fruity with a musk undertone. I know, my scent descriptions suck. But in short the scent does not blow me away. It's just Ok. And it gets boring after awhile. Also the scent doesn't linger.The only thing I really loved about it was the way it looked. It looks like honey. And as far as cleaning, I didn't feel like it made me smell fresh. It's hard to explain. It lathers well with a pouf. With a wash cloth not so much. The good news is that it isn't drying. My elbows haven't been this smooth in a loooooong time.

. I did try this as a bubble bath and it made alot of bubbles that dissapeared entirely too quick. So it was a no go for me as a bubble bath.

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Lauramide DEA, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Cocoate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caramel, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

Funny thing about the ingredients. It boasts Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Coconut but couldn't find those oil anywhere in the ingredient list. Nice Try Carols Daughter.

In short I'de say skip it. Unless you smell it in the store and fall in love with the scent. There's better out there for the price. Maybe her body butter's are better. Have you tried the ecstasy scent. Like it or Love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment