Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir

Another Carols Daughter Review.This time about Lisa's Hair Elixir. This stuff is expensive. Twenty Dollars for eight ounces. I got mine free with a certificate thing from Macy's but still. That's pretty steep. This is part of Jada's Dynamic Duo. The first being the Hair Balm which I 've also done a review on.

Carols Daughter says:
The aging process causes hair to be weaker, thinner and less manageable. Lisa’s Hair Elixir helps regain your hair's natural youthfulness and beauty. Formulated with beneficial ingredients of Sage, Peppermint and Rosemary essential oils this scalp treatment and hair oil prevent breakage, condition the hair and combat dry scalp providing the necessary environment for healthy hair growth.


Benefits:
Rids the scalp of itching and irritation
Formulated to prevent breakage
Essential oils of Rosemary and Peppermint promote circulation, strength and contain scalp-protecting antioxidants for healthy hair growth
Performs double duty as a daily shine solution and a weekly hot oil treatment
Paraben-free. No petroleum, mineral oil or artificial color

At first I kinda liked the smell. It's like pepperminty. But everytime I put this in my hair my mom tells me I smell like old people and linament. Not a good look. I guess she's kinda right. Carol's Daughter and these scents. The consistency is just like every other oil. It kinda tingles a little bit when you put it on. When I use it as a hot oil treatment it dries the mess out of my hair. I guess it's better if you only get it your scalp. I somethimes use it to moisturize after I wet my hair in the shower and it works just OK at that. I usually end up putting shea butter over it.

Ingredients:
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mentha piperita (peppermint) Oil, Salvia officinalis (sage) Oil, Rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, Fragrace (parfum)


To it's credit it is all natural. But you can get an all natural oil in the drugstore for ALOT less. It's average for me. I just don't think it's worth twenty dollars. For that much I expect to be blown away. You would be better off spikingolive oil with pepeermint oil. Have you tried Carols Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir? Like It?

No comments:

Post a Comment