Monday, October 25, 2010

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

Apparently this is one of The Body Shop's bestseller's and being that I worked at The Body shop I tested this out A LOT. It's pretty expensive at 18.50 for 3.3 ounces, but they do sell a smaller one, 1 ounce for ten dollars. I think I got is for fifteen dollars, which is still pretty expensive.

The Body Shop says:
Soften and protect hands, even after washing. Our best-selling Hemp Hand Protector is dermatologically tested for very dry skin and contains Community Trade hemp seed oil.
Hemp seed oil -Has an unusually high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin's moisture barrier thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Organic beeswax - Moisturizes and helps to condition dry skin, especially on your lips and around the fingernail beds. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time. Plays a part in protecting and preserving the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
Allantoin -Soothes and moisturizes the skin. Is rich in minerals that help to revitalize the skin.
Panthenol -Is proven to improve flexibility of the nails, helping to reduce flaking and breakage.
Glycerin -Is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.


So I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It's not hard for me to find something to soften the back of my hands but I struggle with finding something moisturzing enough for my palms. This makes my palms feel like "buttah baby." Makes you just wanna go out and hold hands with someone so they can tell you how soft your hands feel. It is long lasting although I don't think it lasts through hand washing, maybe you can feel just a trace of it still on after you wash your hands but nothing amazing. If you don't wash your hands I'd say it lasts three hours top and it actually does feel protective. Which doesn't seem like a lot but other hand creme's disappear faster than that for me. My hands aren't extremely dry though, there actually pretty soft naturally. So I'm not sure how it would work if your hands are super dry.

The one thing I don't like about this stuff is the smell. When I first tried it I HATED it. The smell is herbally and plant like and it seems to linger for a looonng time. But after repeated use it doesn't bother me so much.

Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Methyl Soyate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emollient), Retinyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Chromium Oxide Greens (Colour), Iron Oxides (Colour).

I recommend going in the actual shop and just trying it to see if it works on your hands or asking for a small sample. Just be careful because it can become kind of addictive!!! Since this works so well I want to try the lip protector, body butter, and the foot protector...

No comments:

Post a Comment