Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

So I was in Target and thought I should check out the haircare aisle, especially since I had heard they sell Jane Carter, Miss Jessie's, Kinky Curly, and Curls. Target has really stepped it up. What I didn't know was that they sold Shea Moisture. I had heard a lot on youtube a few years ago about Shea Moisture's shea butter leave in but I never found it. So when I saw this, I had to pick it up. It's runs for about ten dollars for 12 oz which in my opinion is a good price. The ingredients are all natural and you get a ton. But does it work?

Shea Moisture says:
Our all‐natural hair dressing hydrates hair and imparts a shine and bounce to curls.


So I'm going to talk about the scent first. I don't really like the scent. It's toooooo...sweet and sour for me.But I've seen reviews on you tube that describe a coconut scent of a vanilla scent. So you might wanna check the scent for yourself. The consistency kind of reminds me of Cantu's shea butter leave in. And both of these remind me of cottage cheese. They kind of do the same things in terms of my hair also. 'Cept I like this better because it's all natural.


I thought after looking at the ingredient list I would be blown away by the moisture but that isn't the case. My hair could use some more moisture. It could use A LOT more moisture. It does a little better when I use it on dry hair though. 

Although it doesn't really moisturize, my curls look pretty good..all shiny and defined. And more voluminous. 


Ingredients:Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (SheaBu@er)*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Bu@er*, Persea GraQssima (Avocado) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota SaQva(Carrot) Seed Oil, Caprylyl glycol, Sorbitol Esters, EssenQal Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium
(Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol
(Vitamin E). *Denotes CerQfied Organic Ingredient.

I would recommend trying it because the ingredients are AWESOME and the price isn't bad. 

UPDATE: The scent has really grown on me...I catch whiffs of it through out the day and it's pretty nice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment