Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Zucchini Raspberry Bread

And now, possibly the best thing I have ever made in my life...drum roll...ZUCCHINI BREAD. I've had zucchini read before, I was so surprised when I found out it wasn't the nasty vegetable bread I had thought it would be. This stuff was delicious. It's almost like banana bread. I should probably make some homemade banana bread. But anyway, I think it's the lemon zest that gives this bread that extra oomph. The raspberries are kind of bitter but I keep them because they are a good source of fiber. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a quick snack. I would make this all the time if I could.



"It's a simple zucchini nut bread with a splash of red raspberries for flavor."

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries ( I used frozen and fresh its all the same)


Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Combine flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
  2. Mix sugar, egg, zucchini, vegetable oil, and lemon peel in a separate bowl, then stir in to the flour mixture. Gently fold in the walnuts and raspberries. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil. Continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.

  • I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. And I highly recommend making it, it's easy and YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment