Monday, February 21, 2011

The Body Shop Raspberry Shower Gel

Where do I start? Well I got this for four euros which is roughly six or seven dollars. I was expecting to LOVE it. I ate a lot of raspberries this summer and discovered that I don't like them. The are crazy bitter. But they are a good source of fiber..but anyway back to the review.

The Body Shop says:
Enjoy delicious, soap-free cleansing with a refreshing gel that lathers to leave your skin soft, clean and smelling like sweet berries.Raspberry extract moisturizes skin.Community Trade organic honey conditions and moisturizes skin.
Top notes: orange zest, raspberry
Middle notes: wild strawberry, pomegranate
Base Notes: crystallized ginger, vanilla bean

I just really wasn't amazed. It cleans well, the scent doesn't linger, and it doesn't dry out my skin but that is typical of all The Body Shop's shower gel. I was expecting to love the scent but it's just a boring raspberry kool-aid/ jello scent. I need more excitement!

As for ingredients, ya'll know the deal. Some good..some bad. It has raspberry extract in it though.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Caprylyl Glycol, Cocamide MEA, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Glucoside, Phenethyl Alcohol, Mel, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Disodium EDTA, Rubus Idaeus Extract, CI 17200, CI 19140, CI 42090.


Would I recommend? Only if you LOVE raspberries, if not, skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment