Sunday, February 20, 2011

Twisted Sista De-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner


I must admit, I was suckered in with the packaging. The bright green with the "sistas" in the tube is too cute! But the price tag is not. Two little bottles for five bucks a piece. I hear that in England you can get these for a pound which is equivalent to around a dollar fifty. Worth it?

So I'll start off with the scent. Honestly I don't know what it's supposed to smell like. But to my nose it's a light cucumber melon honey scent that I am not too fond of. It doesn't linger to long.

Now the shampoo is drying and coating and seemingly moisturizing all at the same time. I abhor the coating on my hair. I feel like this is responisible for making my hair feel so stiff. And my scalp seems to get sweaty faster than it does with other shampoos. Not a repurchase.

The conditioner is OK. It detangles wonderfully and is kinda moisturizing but again it leaves that coating on my hair. All in all when my hair is finally dry..it's DRY. Completely parched and begging for a sip of moisture.

And it's no wonder, check out the ingredients? Can I get one good ingredient (yes I see the wheat protien but that's not ENOUGH)

Defrizz Shampoo Ingredients
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocomidapropyl Betaine, PEG-7, Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Styrene Acryaltes, Copolymer, Cocoglucoside Oleate, PEG/PPG20/6, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium 7, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethylene Glycol, Benzyl Alchohol, Propylene Glocol, Sodim Lauryl Sulfate, Magnesium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Tocopheryl, Methylparaben, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchlorosothiazolinone, Propylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Salycitate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene
Defrizz Conditioner Ingredients:
Aqua, Cetearyl Alchohol, Polyquarternium-44, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Sodium Decylbenzenesulphanate, phenoxethanol, parfum, panthenol, C11-15, pareth-212, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methylparaben, Hydroxypropltrimonium, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben,Isobutylparaben,propylparaben, benzophenone-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Salylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene


So repurchase? I think not. Recommendation? Nope. Have you tried and of Urban Therapy's products. And their site confuses the heck out of me, they call it twisted sistah but there's nothing but white women on the site. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment