Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter



I was so excited to get my hands on this body butter. Mostly because I've never used anything with brazil nuts and was curious as to how they would smell in the body butter. I bought this for about ten dollars when The Body Shop had their red bag sale. It's regular price runs at about sixteen (down from twenty last year).

The Body Shop says:
Lavish your skin with a rich cream that softens, conditions and moisturizes up to 24 hours with a delectably nutty scent. Best for Dry skin.

Community Trade Brazil nut oil moisturizes and softens skin.Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and softens skin.Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature


I read somewhere that this used to be called Nut Butter. You can see why they changed the name. But let me start off with saying I LOVE the scent of this. It reminds me of the way Palmer's Cocoa Butter or Black and Beautiful Cocoa Butter smells. It's a very warm caramel nut type of scent. Unfortunately it's not as strong does it linger quite as much as I would have liked. But I can tell you I spent a lot if time with my nose stuck in the jar.

One of the issues I had with this is it's just not moiuturizing enough. I feel the ones formulated for normal skin keep my skin softer longer. After four hours my legs just aren't as soft. The actual butter itself is an off-white color and is extremely light, like it was whipped or something. I was expecting something a little thicker but I liked the texture. If only it lasted on my skin.


Ingredients:Water (Solvent/Diluent), Brazil (Bertholletia Excelsa) Nut Oil (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Caramel (Colour).

The ingredients are ok. They aren't all natural but it has some good stuff. I love that Brazil Nut oil is the second ingredient in it. Plus She and Cocoa Butters are pretty high up on the list.

Unfortunately I wouldn't purchase again. It just wasn't moisturizing enough for long. Especially at the price. If they gave it the same formula as that peach or the passionfruit and kept the brazil nut scent I would LOVE this.

Have you tried it? Ever used a lotion with Brazil Nut oil? How did you like it?

2 comments:

  1. Products that contain natural ingredients are more susceptible to bacterial contamination, so they need to add chemicals to prevent that. There should be a balance of natural ingredients. Too much Brazil Nut Oil can make it too oily, and not enough won't be moisturizing enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know! But I also know that there are natural ingredients that also prevent the formation of bacteria!

    Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete