Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Body Shop Green Apple Shower Gel



This is another one of the range that was discontinued and brought back again. I got it for four euros which translates to about six dollars.


The Body Shop says:
Feel fresh and clean with the luxurious foamy lather of a fresh and fruity cleansing gel that will leave skin feeling cleansed and gently fragranced.
 Community Trade aloe vera is renowned for its incredible soothing and hydrating properties.Apple extract helps to moisturize and soften the skin. Glycerin is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.





I never knew I liked the scent of apples until I used this. When I put my nose up to the actual gel it smells exactly like granny smith green apples. And just the scent makes me crave apples. Which is good because I ate a ton of apples last week (not the granny smith ones but the yellow delicious, my fave!) How they capture the tartness of the green apple is amazing. Unfortunately once I lather that tartness dissapears. Then it begins to smell like regular apple shower gel. Kinda like Bath and Body Works Country Apple. I really really like the scent though and only wish that it were stronger and would fill the bathroom.

As with all The Body Shop shower gels that I[have tried it lathers well (on a puff), it doesn't dry my skin out, and it won't linger ( I wish it would). The only thing about this is I wish it were more concentrated and that the bottle would last a little longer.
Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Glycerin (Humectant), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour), Red 33 (Colour).

It could use some more natural ingredients. It's really only got three ingredients worth boasting about and they aren't high enough up in the list for me.

Overall I really do like it because of the scent. If you like apple scents then it's definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment