Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nasty Nasty Nasty- Zuchhini-Cheese Appetizer Squares

In my quest to eat more zucchini, I stumbled upon this recipe. I wasn't sure if I was gonna like it or not but I figure, why not? And surely, this is the most disgusting thing to date that I have made. Hey, I tried.


"These unusual tidbits are gobbled up as fast as you can serve them! The Parmesan cheese makes a crust for this quiche-like hors d'oeuvre"
By: Juanita Peek


Ingredients;
8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
6 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.

2.Place 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium size frying pan, heat on medium-high. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until seeds are lightly browned.
3.In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, onion, garlic, zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, basil, oregano, pepper and Cheddar cheese; stir until well combined. Press mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds over the zucchini mixture.
4.Bake 30 minutes or until set when lightly touched in the center. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into 1 inch squares.

 
I didnt even add in the oil and they were oily. Never again for as long as I live. Well maybe another recipe. Anyone ever made anything similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment