Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Benefit Bad Gal Lash

My very first benefit product!! Yay! I saw a review of this mascara on youtube and decided that I wanted to try it. But since it's twenty dollars I waited until my birthday to purchase. Was it worth it?

Benefit says:
Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's as BAD as you want to be!




The packaging is too cute. It comes in a cute box with hot pink on the inside. Of course I don't know where mine went so there aren't any pics. The actual tube it pretty big compared to other mascara tubes. I think it's really cute and I love the product name.

Now lets talk about the brush. The brush is HUGE. Seriously. I don't think I've ever used one with a wand so big. Because the wand is so big I don't really get the separation that I want and for some people handling such a large brush might be a problem.It too a little while but eventually I learned to work with it.
I took a picture of an old mascara wand so you can see the size difference.

Now let's talk about how it actually works. It gives great length in one coat, and ok volume. A little bit of curl but there could be more. I don't think it's the most buildable mascara. Adding more doesn't really seem to do much for my lashes. It doesn't clump though. When I first got it I thought it was kinda dry but  as I've continued using it, it's gotten wetter...if makes sense.

While I like this mascara, I don't love it. I have other favorties that are cheaper and seem to give my lashes a little more OOMPHH.  I' would reccomend L'oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Pulse Perfection over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment