Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Spicy & Sweet


So I was in the market for a new blush seeing as my other one was all gone. So in to Walmart I go (that's all my budget can afford). And I looked at L'oreal, Maybelline, and Revlon, but the packaging is what sucked me in. My last blush was Hard Candy so I really wanted to try another one.  This  one ran me about six dollars.

So let's start off talking about the packaging. What does it remind you of?

Hard Candy claims:
A highly pigmented multi-color powder compact that will surely bring out your inner foxy lady. Each box contains coordinated shades that blend together perfectly and a custom Hard Candy applicator brush. Sweep across chin, cheeks, and forehead and unleash the foxiness in you!


So let's start off talking about the packaging. What does it remind you of?
If you guessed Benefits boxed blushes than your right.
Now I can't afford those but I can afford these.

I took swatches of what it looks like swirled together.


And individually.

I use them swirled because my brush isn't tiny enough to pick up only one color. Of course it comes with a brush but any brush that you own will probably do a better job. It does work in a pinch though. 

One of the problems I had with this is that it's not superfine. The product itself is like big grains and sort of reminds me of NYC blush texture wise. This color is sort of "ashy" too depending on the lighting. Sometimes I look at it and it's fine and sometimes it's not. I can't make up my min. It's also a tiny bit shimmery, nothing over the top or super noticeable.





Overall, it's AIGHT. I like it sometimes and other times I'm not so sure. It's not a complete fail and I'd still be open to trying some of the other shades. Have you seen these in Wally World? Did you resist the cute packaging?

No comments:

Post a Comment