Monday, November 7, 2011

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Scrub


I picked this one up at Marshall's for around eight bucks. Can't beat that when they retail for eighteen.

The Body Shop claims:

  • Revitalize and soften your skin using an invigorating, gel-based scrub with gently exfoliating orange peel and corncob granules.
  • Pink grapefruit seed oil provides essential fatty acids to repair skin’s moisture barrier, so it feels smooth and supple.
    • Community Trade organic honey moisturizes and conditions skin.


Scent:
It's very...tangy. It really has that real grapefruit scent. But unfortunately this also has a note in it that my nose pegs as room spray. If it weren't for that then maybe I would really like that scent. But it's just so-so. It can be a little strong and cloying in the shower but the scent won't linger.

Texture:
It does aight. There are about equal portions of gel and scrubbies. The scrubbies really aren't that harsh, I wouldn't reccomend them for sensitive skin but I also wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin.

Does it work?
Sort of. For me personally I like a more moisturizing and smoothing scrub. This just isn't it. I guess it more for oily skin. It isn't drying, it just doesn't seem to make a really big difference for my skin.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium Amara) Peel, Zea Mays (Corn) Cob Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Honey, Fragrance, Limonene, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Denatonium Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Red 4, Red 33


Do I recommend?
Nah. I still reccomend the Cocoa Butter one though. I LOVED that one. Maybe if your skin is oily and you like the scent, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment