Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Body Shop Brazil Nut Shower Cream


I was so excited when I saw this. Mostly because I loved the scent of the body butter even though it didn't moisturize my skin enough. I bought this over the summer for four euro or around six dollars. Was it all that and then some?

The Body Shop Claims:
Moisture-rich, creamy, cleansing bubbles for your bath, and an indulgent and soothing experience for you.  Containing Community Trade brazil nut oil to moisturise.


The short answer is no.

Scent:
I hate the scent. It's smells like sweet nuts, with that same artificial scent that the coconut shower cream had. Blech.

Moisturizing:
It's certainly not drying, but no more moisturizing then their regular shower gels. My knees and elbows are a little smoother though.

Lather:
One of my biggest complaints is the lack of lather. Now if this product were all natural and cheaper I could forgive the fact that it is rather lacking in lather. Since it's full of chemicals, I expect better lather.

Ingredients:
Water, Cocomidopropyl Betaine. Sunflower Seed Oil, PEG-5 Cocamide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Acrylates C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Brazil Nut Oil, Acrylates Steareth 20 Methacrylate Copolymer,Phenoxethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Caramel 4


Do I recommend?
Nope. Wish I could though because I was all ready to love something in the Brazil Nut line. Maybe the scrub is my only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment