Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Body Shop Ice Blue Shampoo


Ugh. Another Body shop review. I know, I know. It's probably time for me to start buying from other brands. I think I will. Finish my stash and move on to another brand. Any who, I'm off topic. I bought this for four euro. It's one of those "back in the day" products that they brought temporarily.  I give them props for the name though.

The Body Shop claims:

A beauty classic returns. Our iconic blue shampoo is an instant pick-me-up for lacklustre hair. It contains invigorating menthol.

Scent:
Um, it smells like Tea Tree line of products from Trader Joe's. Maybe this one is a bit more "menthol-pepperminty. Those that love those minty smells would really enjoy it. Me/ I could take it or leave it. It doesn't linger though. Which is a bit dissapointing. I love catching whiffs of my shampoo throughout the day.

Stripping?
Surprisingly. No. My hair feels sort of squeaky clean, but defintely not dry. And not a tangled mess either. I was kind of expecting my hair to be a little tangled and was quite surprised to find that it wasn't.

Lather:
Lost of nice thick lather from the icy blue gel! Yay!

Does it tingle?
I must have really thick scalp skin (eww), because I didn't get the tingly feeling on my scalp. I could feel it more on my facial skin though.

Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-5 Cocamide (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Violet 2 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour)....




Overall: 
I would give it a seven out of ten. It does what it's supposed to. But it doesn't have that extra oomph to get me super-excited. And there isn't a mtching conditioner!! Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment