Saturday, February 18, 2012

Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Facial Cleanser

I'm 23 and I bought an age-defying cleanser. Not because I'm aging (visibly) but because it was only three dollars and some change. Never underestimate the power of a sale. That and I usually like Olay products.

With that being said, this really wasn't for me.

Olay claims:

Reveals fresher, radiant skin.
  • Cleanses by gently lifting away dirt, oil and make-up.
  • Renews and Reveals by gently lifting away dull, dry skin to start reducing the signs of aging.  Leaves skin noticeably soft and smooth the minute you cleanse.

Scent:
I really like the scent. It smells like how I want my facial cleanser to smell, like a pretty clean smell. And it lingers too, so my face smells pretty good for a while. (nothing like having your face smell good)

Moisturization:
So this is where this product kind of left me down. I thought it would make my face feel pretty moisturized. I mean, it is anti-aging. But my skin just felt kind of...dry and coated.

Texture:
Surprise Surprise. It has..exfoliation. It's very gentle though. I don't really think it makes too much of a difference though. 

Radiant skin?
No, in fact I think my face looks dull and dry. Maybe a little better when the weather starts to warm up.

Ingredients:
Water, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Betaine, Salicylic Acid, Distearlydimonium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Oxidized Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Behenyl Alcohol, PPG 30, Steareth 2, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA

Recommend:
Surprisingly no, which is kind of surprising since I typically like Olay products. Well, the two that I tried. Maybe it would work better if I were a little older? Oh yeah, and the ingredients..suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment