Thursday, March 22, 2012

Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup in Warm Caramel


I'm about five or so years late on this product. It came out while I was in High School and I've been eyeing it ever since. Covergirl was way over due for a brown girl foundation. And yes I know they have darker colors in the regular line-up but NONE of those match my skin. And they all are ridiculously ashy. So when I came across this in the store for only five bucks, I decided that I couldn't go home without it. It was between this one and another one that was a little redder in coloring. I picked this one because it was still winter, but I think I might go ahead and try the redder (redder?) one too.

Covergirl claims:
Makeup made to match you. Lightweight, oil-free, liquid formula with built-in moisturizers continuously hydrates skin for a soft, smooth, radiant finish. In 12 beautiful shades that match up to 97% of skin tones from Rich Sand to True Ebony


So to all my brown girls, you should be able to find a color that matched your skin. They have 12 shades ranging from rich sand to true ebony. Yay!!

So let's talk about the coverage. This is a LIGHT coverage. It can be built to a medium coverage though if you do about two layers. I find the best way for me to apply is to apply a layer where I need it without blending, let it dry for a min, then add another layer and blend that one in. Perfection.

The one bad thing about it is that it gets kind of...oily.  But that can be remedied with a little powder on top. A bronzer would be good. I think this is meant to be "moisturizing" and that's why. It's good in the winter if you suffer from dry skin though. But then it's nice in summer because it's not super thick.

One of my favorite things about this foundation is that it is photogenic. Most of the foundations I have used look ashy in photographs. This looks amazing.

Another thing is this in not super long lasting. I don't have long days though, so it doesn't really bother me.

Would I recommend?
Absolutely. For only five bucks, can't beat that. As long as you keep in mind the things that I mentioned you should be fine!!

Side Note: I'm loving that lip gloss by Black Radiance (Radiant Red).

No comments:

Post a Comment