Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga


NARS is one of those high end brands that I can usually only dream of. Their prices are simply out of my range..for now. But my wonderful little sister bought me a lipstick from them for my birthday!! This one lipstick costs twenty-five dollars. So how did I like my first product from NARS?

NARS claims:

Bright. Bold. Perfectly matte. This super-rich lipstick provides high-impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.
  • Contains wild mango butter, known to provide advanced moisturizing properties to repair dryness and scaling
  • Long-wearing application
  • Enriched with Vitamin E and açai oil for antioxidant benefits


So the Pure Matte Line has twelve shades and this one is the darkest. It's a  dark purple wine shade that is beautiful in the packaging. And the pigmentation is pretty nice too. The packaging is nice too..all sleek and modern.

Another plus is that it lasts forever, but as it is matte you may want to make sure those lips are nice and moist before you apply. There is nothing worse than seeing someone applying a pretty lipstick over chapped flaky lips.

It wears off nicely too. You know how some lipsticks wear away unevenly..leaving you looking a bit strange? This one doesn't do that.

Application could be a tad better though, this shade has the tendency to drag on my lips. It applies similar to my purple shade that I got from Wet N' Wild for a buck ninety-nine.

My only gripe about this color is that it somehow seems to get darker when I apply it. I think it has to do with my coloring though.

Overall, I like it, I don't love it. I would be willing to try more of the shades though. I just can't help feeling that I could find something similar for a much better price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment